Emanuel School is a thriving place of learning – a co-educational Jewish Day School. Students from Pre-school to Year 12 learn, play and flourish on our beautiful heritage-listed campus in the Eastern suburbs of Sydney, Australia
Our motto, Mind Spirit Being, encapsulates our School. We aim to open the mind, awaken the spirit and engage the whole being within a culture of excellence, respect and the desire to strive for one’s best.
Maintenance Assistant – full time – 5 days a week
The Maintenance Team is responsible for the provision of a safe environment for students and staff and the creation and maintenance of a physical environment that is conductive to learning and that also provides a high level of amenity for students and staff.
The role of the Maintenance Assistant is summarised by the following key functions:
- Active participation in day to day grounds and building maintenance
- Setting up for assemblies and other school functions
- Attention to the delegated work through the campus helpdesk system and management of tasks assigned.
Specifically this includes assisting with:
- School deliveries
- Set ups for functions and events
- Emergency cleaning when required
- General assistance for teaching staff when requested
- Moving and delivery of furniture on grounds
- Maintenance and cleaning of drainage pits on campus
- Maintenance and general tidiness of storerooms on campus
- Assistance with maintenance of grounds and gardens
- Cleaning air conditioner filters
- Distribution and cleaning of waste bins on campus
- Changing of light globes and fittings on campus
- Maintenance of accurate, appropriate records according to standard procedures
- Compliance with all security protocols and procedures in place at all times
- Compliance with WH&S legislation and reporting requirements as directed by Property & Security Manager, including reporting of identified risks, complying with risk minimization strategies and procedures to reduce workplace hazards
- Compliance with authorized written and verbal instructions, policies, procedures and customary practice
- Supervision of tradesmen and delivery companies on site from entry onto the grounds to site when required
- Undertaking work assigned from the campus maintenance helpdesk
- Use of safe work practices at all times
- Any other task allocated from time to time.
Member of the Administration team with direct responsibility to the Property and Security Manager and assistance to groundskeeper & other maintenance officers.
The Maintenance Assistant must have a driver’s licence and a current, valid Working with Children Check before beginning employment.
Applications close: Friday 7 July 2017.
Please email your resume along with the names and contact details of 2 referees to firstname.lastname@example.org