Emanuel School’s impressive HSC results are testament to our students’ academic strength, their abilities as deep thinkers and their teachers’ commitment to their success.
We congratulate and celebrate the following students who achieved a State ranking:
- Daniel Van Sluys Erlich – 5th in the State for Portuguese Continuers
- Joel Aaron – 6th in the State for Geography
- Paris Spennato – 6th in the State for Society and Culture
Other notable highlights include:
- Saachi Owen and Sarah Sharwood both had their Visual Arts works selected for ARTEXPRESS
- Isabella Flax was selected for ENCORE for her Music 1 Musicology Viva Voce
- Joel Ehrlich was nominated for ENCORE for his Music 1 Performance and Composition
- Saachi Owen was nominated for Shape (Design and Technology)
- Eden Sadra was nominated for Callback for her Dance performance
The School ranked 41st in the State, based on the percentage of Band 6 and E4 results across all subjects. Amongst non-selective co-educational schools, Emanuel ranked an impressive 7th in the State.
10% of students received an ATAR of 98.00 or more; 22% received an ATAR of 95.00 or more and 38% of students achieved an ATAR of 90.00 or more. The Year 12 students continued to shine, with four All-round Achievers and 53% of the cohort as Distinguished Achievers. Our Year 11 accelerants achieved eight Band 6/E4 results in Mathematics or Mathematics Extension 1.
Whilst we are delighted with our state ranking, the published ‘League Table’, which acknowledges those students who achieved a Band 6 in a subject, tells us just part of the story. They do not, for example, recognise the achievements of those who have made significant progress over their years of schooling, culminating with personal best results that fall below a Band 6. We commend those in the Class of 2019 who have achieved outstanding results, commensurate with their ability. Their perseverance and exemplary work ethic are inspiring.
It takes a community to prepare our Year 12 students for the HSC and life beyond school. We particularly thank our teachers for their professionalism, commitment and encouragement to ensure our students’ success.
For interviews, details of the results and a video showcasing a few of our achievers, please click here
Please click below for the previous HSC brochure and results: